Arm fat, you’ve heard of it before. Let’s be honest here: we’re all aware that such things (all body types are lovely, after all) shouldn’t be made a big deal about. However, there is still a doubt whether we should wear a cute spaghetti top or a sleeveless dress for us all. If I had to choose one word to define arm fat, it would undoubtedly be difficult. The secret to reducing arm fat is not a mystery; however, it may be difficult to change your habits and alter your lifestyle. Arm fat appears to stick around no matter how much you control your diet or restrict sweets. Isn’t it aggravating? But before we look for a method to reduce flabby arm muscles, it’s crucial to understand what they are.
What Causes Arm Fat?
There are numerous reasons as to why arm fat may form. Genes, diet, and hormones all play a role in the accumulation of fat in certain areas of the body. As women age, they are more likely to store fat in their arms due to hormonal changes such as menopause, which can lead to weight gain. What’s more, obese children are also at risk of developing arm fat due to the fact that they are often insulin resistant. Insulin resistance causes an accumulation of extra fat in the arms instead of being distributed proportionately throughout the body.
But there’s no need for you to feel down about your arms if they happen to be a little chunkier than you would like. You can take some simple steps to reduce their size and get them looking more toned in no time!
How To Reduce Arm Fast
There are a few key things you can do in order to reduce arm fat:
1. Follow a healthy diet: Eating healthy doesn’t mean eating less. It means eating right. A perfect diet is one that consists of both healthy carbs and protein, which will keep you full all day long.
Foods to avoid include fried food, red meat, white bread, processed foods, sodas/sugary drinks, alcohol, and chocolate. Food items that are high in fat should be consumed in moderation.
Related: How to Choose The Right Diet For You
2. Perform fat-burning exercises: The best way to reduce arm flab is by performing high-intensity interval training (HIIT) exercises that take little time but produce amazing results. Do cardio workouts daily, along with weight training three times a week. Weight training helps tone the arms and reduces stress levels, making you happier!
3. Sleep more: It’s true that losing weight is linked to the number of hours you sleep. Mainly, when you skimp on sleep, your body produces higher levels of cortisol (stress hormone), which increases your appetite and slows down your metabolism. So try to sleep at least 8 hours a night to help reduce arm fat.
4. Reduce stress levels: Stress can make you gain weight in all the wrong places, including your arms. It’s important to find methods to relax and de-stress such as yoga, meditation or simply reading a book.
5. Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated is essential for overall health and weight loss. And while it may seem that drinking a gallon of water a day will help you lose weight overnight, there’s no evidence to support this claim. Drinking enough water can cut your cravings and make you eat less junk food throughout the day.
6. Follow healthy sleep habits: Make sure to go to sleep at around the same time every night and wake up at the same time each morning. This helps set your body’s natural sleep rhythm, which will make it easier for you to fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night.
Related: Could CBD Remedy Your Sleep Issues?
7. Use a weight loss supplement: If you’re having trouble following a healthy diet or getting enough exercise, then using a natural weight loss supplement may be right for you.