Have you ever felt energized after hanging with great people? Or even drained with hanging out with others? This is all due to the energy that we give off. It is no secret that we all have an energy field around us, and this energy affects not only ourselves but also the people around us.
Energy healing is a type of therapy that uses these natural energies to help restore balance within the body. This can be done in a number of ways, including hands-on healing, crystals, mediation, and breathwork. It is similar to that of Reiki. However, some key differences exist; while Reiki relies on the energy of universal life force, Energy Healing is more focused on our own personal energy and how we can use it for healing both ourselves and others.
Related: The Absolute Best Holotropic Breathwork Instructions
Energy healers believe that we all have a natural ability to sense and control our internal and external energies. When these energies are out of balance, we can experience pain, illness, or other physical and emotional problems. Energy healing is a way to restore balance and promote healing by using techniques that help to clear, focus, and direct energy.
Related: 5 Herbs To Clear Your Home Of Negative Energy
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to energy healing. What works for one person may not work for someone else, so it is important to try various methods until you find the ones that resonate with you. There is more than one type of energy healing out there that can be beneficial. Some examples include:
1) Reiki – An ancient Japanese practice where a therapist channels Universal Life Force Energy through their body to the client in order to assist in the healing and wellness of the client
2) Quantum-Touch – A system that uses a combination of energy medicine and physics to bring about energetic changes in the body. Practitioners use their hands to send energy, which directs it towards wherever it is most needed inside the body. It often feels like a pulse or a magnetic push
3) Chakras – Often described as “energy centers” in the body, Chakra is based on ancient Indian philosophy. There are 7 key chakras within the body that correspond with our energy field. The root chakra works to keep us grounded, while the crown chakra helps us stay balanced and open to new ideas.
Related: 7 Chakra Symbols and Meanings
4) Shamanism – A practice often found in ancient tribes, in which a healer works with the help of the spirits to heal the mind, body, and spirit. Shamans believe in an All-encompassing Supreme Being who is present in all things. They also work closely with nature for healing purposes.
5) Reiki and Crystal Healing – A combination of two very popular forms of energy healing. Reiki is a hands-on healing modality that uses energy to balance and heal the body, while crystals are used to amplify and focus the energy.
Related: A Beginners Guide To Healing Crystals
6) Therapeutic Touch – A nursing practice that uses gentle, non-invasive touch to help facilitate the healing process. It is based on the belief that the human energy field plays a major role in health and healing.
Related: Selenite Stick: Healing Benefits & How to Use
7) Aromatherapy – The use of essential oils to improve physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Essential oils are said to work by affecting the limbic system of the brain, which is responsible for emotions and memory.
8) Aura Balancing – A hands-on approach to energy healing that uses gentle touch to balance the auric field, which represents the body’s electromagnetic field.
9) Reiki and Healing Touch – A combination of two forms of energy healing with complementary aims. Reiki is a therapeutic/hands-on system whereas Healing Touch is a non-therapeutic/hands-off approach.
10) Crystal Healing – The use of crystals and gemstones to help with physical, emotional, and spiritual healing. Crystals are said to work by absorbing, reflecting, and transmitting energy.
11) Reflexology – The use of massage techniques on pressure points in the hands and feet to stimulate other areas of the body. It is based on the principle that there are reflexes in these areas that correspond with different parts of your body.
Related: Benefits of Reflexology for The Lymphatic System
12) Pranic Healing – A method that uses breath, touch, and intent to help raise the energy of a person. Prana is the Sanskrit word for vitality, life force energy.
It is very important to understand that all of these practices are based on various metaphysical concepts and theories which have not been scientifically proven yet. Some believe they work because of the placebo effect, while others think there may be something more to them. What works for one person, might not work for another. This is why it is important to do your research and find the methods you feel comfortable with.