Skincare is expensive and many of those over the counter skin care products can make things worst with synthetic and harsh chemicals. Going the natural route is usually best when healing the body and we found this face mask that can help reduce acne while soothing irritated skin as well.
This coconut oil and oatmeal face mask is great for acne-prone skin because of its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It also serves to soothe inflammation and restore the natural pH balance of your skin.
Before spreading a DIY face mask onto your face, it’s a good idea to check if certain ingredients cause any breakouts or allergic reactions. You can do this by conducting a patch test on an inconspicuous your body (for example, the back of your ears) and wait to see if anything’s changed or you see signs of an allergic reaction.
Meet the Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (Coconut oil is high in lauric acid, which helps kill the bacteria that cause acne)
- 3 tablespoons of rolled oats (Oatmeal reduces inflammation and redness while soothing skin)
- ¼ cup warm water
- Measure ¼ cup of warm water into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and stir until completely melted.
- Sprinkle in 3 tablespoons of oatmeal.
- Stir until the ingredients have formed a paste.
How to Apply
- Wash your face and neck with warm water and an oil-free cleanser to remove makeup and open pores.
- When the mixture has cooled enough, apply it to your face and let it sit for fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, gently massage the mask into your face using small circular motions for another five minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water.
- When the mask is completely removed, splash your skin with cool water to close and tighten pores.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft, clean towel.
To help increase the benefits of this mask, apply before bed to give your skin an extra boost of healing while sleep.