This post contains affiliate links.
After buying your glasses at your local eye doctor, they might try to push lens cleaner in a tiny bottle for $10-15 dollars. Don’t dole out your hard-earned cash for that. Rather, go home and open your pantry. c
Making your own homemade cleaner is a great idea for many reasons. Unfortunately, traditional cleaners can be costly and full of hazardous ingredients. You can ensure that your glasses are fresh, clean, and disinfected with safe materials by making your own.
DIY Eyeglass Cleaner Soap Based
- Combine 3 parts rubbing alcohol with 1 part water.
- Add 1-2 drops of dish soap then mix the ingredients together using a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a spritzer bottle
- To use, simply spritz the cleaner onto the lenses and gently wipe with a soft cotton cloth.
DIY Eyeglass Cleaner Vinegar Based Anti-Fog
This simple solution cuts through grease to clean your glasses and also discourages condensation from forming on your glasses.
- Combine vinegar and water into a spray bottle
- Spray your glasses and buff them dry with a clean microfiber cloth or a cotton cloth.
- Reapply as needed.
DIY Eyeglass Cleaner With Witch Hazel
No alcohol? No problem at all. Check your cabinet for a little witch hazel.
- In a small spritz bottle, mix ½ cup distilled water to ½ cup witch hazel.
- Add 2 drops of Dawn to the mixture.
- Shake the bottle to get them mixed together.
- Spritz the mixture on your lenses.
- Use the microfiber cloth to wipe your lens gently.