Professional facials are a great way to maintain and treat your skin. Regular facials can increase your beauty, improve the clarity of your skin complexion, and stimulate blood flow to help with cell regeneration. There’s a facial designed for almost skin type, problem, or concern. We all know that consistency is the key to any regimen and monthly facial benefits include improved skin tone, reducing dark spots and wrinkles, anti-aging, and a healthy skin glow1.
A typical facial treatment is like a facial massage. During the process, dead skin cells are sloughed away to reveal a fresh, brighter skin tone. Professional facial treatments can include steam from herbal teas or essential oils, extractions, chemical peels, exfoliation, intense hydration, massage, and specialized masks that can be used on your face or neck2.
There are several types of facials including:
- Microdermabrasion. This delivers a gentle exfoliation and resurfacing treatment for all skin types. This can be done without the use of steam, but is often combined with cleansing and steaming to open the pores and soften the skin.
- Dermaplaning. This removes dead skin cells that cause dullness, acne, sun damage, fine lines, and uneven skin tone. This facial is suitable for all skin types and can be done without steam, but often it’s combined with cleansing, steaming, extractions, exfoliation, and moisturizing to improve the results of your treatment.
- Exfoliating enzyme peel. This delivers gentle resurfacing of the skin’s surface to help improve fine lines, wrinkles, and pigmentation. This can be done without steam, but is often combined with cleansing, steaming, extractions, exfoliation and moisturizing to improve the results of your treatment.
- Derma rolling or needling. A derma roller or derma needle is used in this facial to deliver products into the skin for anti-aging and collagen stimulation. This facial is suitable for all skin types, but can also be combined with cleansing, steaming, extractions, exfoliation, and moisturizing to improve the results of your treatment.
- Anti-acne treatments. Salicylic acid or glycolic peels combined with steam are used in this facial to deliver anti-acne treatments. This facial is suitable for all skin types, but can also be combined with cleansing, steaming, extractions, exfoliation, and moisturizing to improve the results of your treatment.
- Hydrating facial. With steam used in this facial, it delivers hydration to reduce fine lines and wrinkles while delivering essential nutrients and vitamins into the skin. This facial is suitable for all skin types and can be combined with cleansing, steaming, extractions, exfoliation and moisturizing to improve the results of your treatment. Related: 9 Impressive Hydrating Facial Benefits For Skin
- Oxygenating facial. The use of steam with oxygenated products helps to purify and detoxify the skin’s pores, which can improve blood circulation, cell renewal, and elasticity. This facial is suitable for all skin types, but can also be combined with cleansing, steaming, extractions, exfoliation and moisturizing to improve the results of your treatment.
- Skin tightening facial. Steam is used to tighten the pores, lift collagen fibers, and improve elasticity in this facial. It’s suitable for all skin types, but can also be combined with cleansing, steaming, extractions, exfoliation and moisturizing to improve the results of your treatment. Specialized mixtures of ingredients are used in this facial to treat fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage.
- High-frequency facial. This is an anti-aging and de-congestion facial and steam and a high-frequency instrument are used to infuse skin care products into the skin, stimulate collagen production, increase elasticity, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles. This facial is suitable for all skin types, but can also be combined with cleansing, steaming, extractions, exfoliation, and moisturizing to improve the results of your treatment. Related: 11 Impressive High Frequency Facial Benefits
Adding a monthly facial to your skincare routine can also improve your overall health. Skin issues and conditions such as acne and eczema can be alleviated with facial treatments. Specific products may help to cure the problem, but consistent facials provided by a professional can provide healthy skin benefits along with your topical treatments.3
11 Amazing Monthly Facial Benefits
1. Reduces signs of premature aging
During the aging process, collagen and elastin fibers break down, causing the skin to sag and wrinkle. Monthly facials improve the production of collagen to keep the skin firm and supple. Monthly facial benefits can boost collagen production can and smooth fine lines and create a youthful glow4.
2. Reduces dark circles and under-eye bags
Dark patches under the eyes are caused by skin damage, cell debris, dehydration, and fatigue. A monthly facial can help to reduce these dark circles by tightening pores and stimulating collagen production.
3. Refreshes dehydrated skin
The deep cleansing and steam of a monthly facial can help to clear clogged pores and remove dead skin cells. This sloughing action looks after dehydrated skin, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and leaves your complexion looking brighter5.
4. Treats skin problems
If you have a skin condition or skin concerns like acne or eczema, adding a monthly facial to your skincare routine can help you control skin issues. The deep cleansing action of steam can treat acne and other blemishes by removing excess oil, dirt, and other impurities from the pores. The use of exfoliation on the outermost layer of visible skin helps create a smooth skin surface and remove dead cells6.
5. Anti-aging benefits
Crow’s feet, wrinkles, sun damage, and other signs of aging can be overcome with a monthly facial. The use of steam helps to tighten pores and firm the skin, while the use of exfoliation helps to lift collagen fibers and create a tighter skin surface. The best anti-aging facials will also include the use of high-frequency instruments to infuse skincare products with ingredients that stimulate collagen production, increase elasticity, and reduce fine lines.
6. Radiant skin and a healthy glow
One of the main benefits of facials is smoother skin. A good professional facial can provide deeper exfoliation. With proper technique, the penetration of nutrients, serums, and moisturizers can be greatly increased to create a radiant glow. Botanical extracts and herbal extracts can also be used in facial treatments to revitalize skin and restore radiance7.
7. Improves overall health
During a facial massage, the lymphatic system is stimulated and improved, clearing toxins from the body. This can not only provide clear skin but the lymphatic system is the control center for your immune system. Monthly facial benefits can help to strengthen your immune system and improve overall health. Certain pressure points on the body are stimulated during a facial, improving circulation of the blood and reducing stress that can damage your organs.
8. Reduces signs of fatigue
The best monthly facials help to reduce stress, remove toxins, and work wonders on the lymphatic system to improve circulation in the body. Monthly facial benefits can also improve blood flow, which can leave you looking refreshed and restored.
9. Reduced redness and irritation
Some facials will include steam treatments that open up pores and create a deep cleanse for the skin. An experienced therapist will be able to use this process to treat or prevent breakouts by removing impurities or bacteria that are causing inflammation in the skin area. Related The Charcoal Facial Detox Is “Trending” —but Is It Safe? Here’s What You Need to Know
10. Treatment for acne-prone skin
A good facial is perfect if you have acne-prone skin because it helps fight bacteria in the skin with proper steam treatments and deep exfoliation. The right products must be used in conjunction with a monthly facial to provide the best results for your skin type and condition8.
11. Deep pore cleansing
A good facial can cleanse and detoxify the face, neck, and decolletage area. Dead skin cells and other impurities are removed during steam treatments while refreshing the skin with active ingredients that penetrate pores to remove debris that causes blemishes or spots9.
Depending on the type of facial, light therapy, micro-current, or other treatments may be used. Everyone has different needs and depending on your lifestyle changes or even hormonal changes you may need to adjust your regiment. After the initial assessment, it is best to speak with your professional esthetician about integrating a monthly facial into your at-home skincare routine.
Taking care of your skin takes consistency. Monthly facial benefits are usually felt after 3-6 months. The best way to ensure you are achieving your skin goals is to see a professional esthetician for your monthly facial.