The process of creating a vision board is both fun and creative. It’s a great technique to clarify your objectives and spark the inspiration to bring them to life. When going into a new year, vision boards are a great way to make plans and set goals. A vision board is a visual representation of what you want to accomplish; it contains pictures and words that serve as your guidepost towards your desires.
What are vision boards, and how do they work??
A vision board is a board containing images and words that represent what you want to manifest in your life. You can put anything on this board, from inspiring quotes to images of the items you’d like to buy someday. The point is to capture everything you want out of life in one place. When browsing through magazines and online, cut out the things that you like and want. If it speaks to you, keep it.
When creating your board, you might find there’s a bit of resistance as you feel unsure about what should go on it or whether certain images will fit into your vision. Remember: this is YOUR vision board and only YOU should define what goes on it and why. If you keep this in mind while creating it, the process will go smoothly and effortlessly.
How To Create A Vision Board
Creating a vision board is an extremely personal and customizable process, so there’s no one way to do it. That being said, here are some basic materials you may want to have on hand:
- A board for your base like paper (white or colored) or a posterboard
- Magazines, newspapers, or any other images you might want to use
- Glue, paste, adhesive (or whatever another method you prefer to attach your images and words!)
- A picture of yourself or something that represents you
- Paint, markers, and any other decorations to personalize your board
Now that you have the supplies, here are the general steps to follow:
Get clear on your intention.. Before you start, get clear on what you want your vision board to achieve. What areas of your life do you want to focus on? What specific goals do you want to achieve? This clarity is essential in order for the vision board to serve its purpose.
1. Gather your materials. This includes magazines, newspapers, scissors, a glue stick, your board, and anything else you want to use to make your vision board more personal (like paint or markers).
2. Look through the magazines and find pictures and words that represent what you want.
3. Cut out those images and words, and paste or stick them onto your board. Don’t worry about the order of everything – you’ll probably choose to rearrange the pieces as you go along. The most important thing is just to get it all up there on the board first!
4. Once your board is complete, take a step back and admire your work. Then, find a place to hang it where you’ll see it every day.
5. Finally, write down your vision for the new year on a piece of paper and put it next to your vision board. This will help you stay focused and motivated as you work towards your goals.
Here are some ideas for getting your vision board up and running.
Depending on what you’re trying to manifest, here are some ideas for objects to put on your board.
For a new career, look for images of your dream job and cut them out. Put the images in an order that makes sense to you, and don’t be afraid to rearrange them later.
For financial abundance, look for images of houses, cars, and other symbols of wealth. Cut out the images and paste them onto your board.
For love, look for quotes that speak to your heart and images of couples that make you happy.
If you’re looking to get healthy in the new year, cut out images of healthy foods and workouts that appeal to you.
If you’re wanting to travel more, gather pictures of places all over the world that have caught your eye.
So, why do vision boards work?
There are many reasons for this, but here’s one explanation: according to psychologists, the process works by tricking your mind into thinking you’ve already achieved your desired outcome. When you look at your board every day, it acts as a constant reminder of what you want. This act of visualization allows your mind to work towards fulfilling those desires instead of settling for the status quo.