By Harsha Kungwani
India is known as the country of spices is one of the most popular and healthy spices. Its popularity and worth due to its medicinal values and culinary use has also offered fennel seed exporters a great opportunity to explore the large global market.
Having fennel seed at the end of the meal is a common practice in Indian culture. You might have taken this practice to freshen your mouth, but it’s time to rethink. It is a rich and concentrated repository of components like Calcium, Copper, Potassium, Vitamin C, Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Magnesium, and Selenium.
So, in reality, this ancient practice of having saunf post-meal has done much more than just cutting bad breath. Let’s have an insight into the benefits of fennel seed that it is known for:
7 Amazing Health Benefits Of Fennel Seed
1. Avoids Blood Pressure – It has been already established that by chewing fennel seeds the nitrite elements in your saliva multiply which is a natural process of keeping your blood pressure under check. In addition, being good potassium content which is a necessary element found in cells and body liquids, fennel seeds also controls your heartbeat.
2. Cuts IBS, Bloating, Constipation and Indigestion – The tea are considered to be a useful and beneficial beverage that helps bloating, indigestion, and constipation given the oils which are available in saunf. It is rich in fenchone, anethole, and estragole, which adds to its anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic characteristics. These useful oils available in fennel seeds trigger digestion by helping to produce the gastric enzymes.
3. Controls Water Retention – Consuming tea every day drains out extra fluids working as a diuretic. Apart from this, also encourages the draining of toxins and cuts down the possibility of urinary tract problems. It also triggers perspiration due to its diaphoretic properties.
4. Plays Down Asthma Symptoms – It is also known to clear sinuses due to its phytonutrient elements. tea is known to help with congestion, bronchitis, and coughs as it has expectorant elements.
5. Improves Eyesight – As are rich in Vitamin A, a necessary element for eyesight, it is instrumental in improving your eyesight. In earlier India, extracts of were applied to accentuate the signs of glaucoma. If you are suffering from some eye ailment or want to improve your eyesight better to buy premium quality from best spices supplier to use it regularly.
6. Aids to Purify Blood – Funnels seeds are high in essential oils and fibers which is very helpful to flush out sludge and toxins from our body thus helps to purify blood offering a healthy body.
7. As Per Ayurveda – It is said in Ayurveda that fennel seeds cut down all Trodosha (Pita, Kapha, and Vata). These seeds provide a cooling impact on our body. It is widely suggested to have at least one drink of saunf in the summer season to get relieved from heat. You can also use the oil available in the seeds in massage oils to relax the stress and trigger mental synergy.